To be attended by, Mr. Herbert Kamusiime, Mr. Eddie Nsamba Gayiiya and Ms. Kajumba Christine in Washington, DC.
The Land and Poverty conference will present the latest research and practice on the diversity of reforms, interventions, and innovations in the land sector around the world. The 2017 conference theme will be: Responsible Land Governance: Towards an Evidence-Based Approach. The focus is on the role of data and evidence for realizing land policy reform, identify strategies for working at scale and monitoring achievements.
2017 Conference structure
- March 20: Pre-conference workshop and official opening at 4:30 p.m.
- March 21, 22 and 23: Parallel thematic tracks with oral presentations and policy round table discussions. Final session will be followed by a reception on March 23.
- March 23: “Lightning Talks” and demonstrations on geospatial data and technology solutions for land governance challenges.
- March 24: Learning Day with presentations of tools, instruments and approaches via Master Classes, workshops and field visits.
- Exhibition booths: All week in World Bank Atrium.